|“RoHS directive encourages manufacturers to reduce the use of hazardous & toxic materials to ensure user safety and product reliability while preventing future environment pollution.”
Benefits of RoHS Directive & Certification
Complying with the RoHS directive can encourages manufacturers to:
- Contribute to a cleaner environment with stricter quality process control, overall reduced number of defects and increased production efficiency.
- Competitive advantage towards customers who prefers manufacturers and companies implementation of environmental standards.
- Eliminate harmful exposure (e.g. heavy metal poisoning) during manufacturing, recycling and disposal process.
- Improve product reliability that assures of product safety thus improving sales and popularity.
- Reduce toxicity pollution to humans and the environment as an initiative to improve ecological sustainability (i.e. landfill contamination and poisoning cases) and energy efficiency.
List of Restricted Materials
Lead (Pb) | Mercury (Hg) | Cadmium (Cd) | Hexavalent chromium (CrVI) | Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB) | Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE) | Phthalate esters (DEHP, BBP, BBP, DIBP)
RoHS Compliance with XRF Testing
X-Ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy (XRF), is a non-destructive test (NDT) method that analyses the elemental composition of materials almost instantly. It is a common test method for RoHS compliance accordingly to ASTM F2617.
XRF comes in 2 platforms:
- Hand-held XRF are light, portable and usable during on-and-off site, without relocation of bigger measuring samples, at any time.
- Benchtop XRF are slightly heavier, stationary analyzers with more or the same capabilities as the hand-held version.
Benefits of XRF Testing
- Accurate with or without sample preparation (may not be necessary depending on application)
- Detects many elements e.g. base metals.
- Improves collaboration of data shared between laboratory and operations management personnel.
- Improved statistics + in-depth analysis than the traditional use of laboratory method.
- Real-time speedy analysis
- Reduced lead time thus improving productivity.
- Usable in various industries.
- XRF tech is constantly being upgraded to have faster, reliable and more accurate results.
The RoHS 2002/95/EC directive can apply to the plastic, coating, electrical, electronic, energy and metal industries that deals with EEE products. Both the electronics industry and electronic consumers worldwide can benefit from this directive.
Brought to you by, JS Analytical Sdn Bhd (1094207-V)
Need to scan the elemental composition of your materials?
Refer to Mr. Elton Wong, Product Specialist :
[email protected] / 012-292 2371 (WhatsApp)
cc to Ms. Kan, Marketing Support :
[email protected] / +6018-2219 229 (Whatsapp)