Hanna Instruments HI5421 Laboratory Research Grade Benchtop Dissolved Oxygen and BOD
The HI5421 is a benchtop, sophisticated research-grade dissolved oxygen and BOD meter with capacitive touch keys, a big color LCD, and a USB connector for computer interface.
The HI5421 is packed with capabilities like data logging, alarm limits, thorough GLP, and more, yet it still manages to be user-friendly thanks to dedicated buttons for everyday operation and virtual keys that lead the user through setup options.
- Capacitive touch keypad
- Built in Barometer for automatic pressure compensation
- BOD, OUR and SOUR methods
- The HI5421 is a benchtop, sophisticated research-grade dissolved oxygen and BOD meter with capacitive touch keys, a big color LCD, and a USB connector for computer interface.
- The HI76483 Clark-Type Polarographic probe, which is included with the HI5421, monitors dissolved oxygen across a wide range from 0.0 to 600% saturation and 0.00 to 90.00 mg/L. (ppm). The HI76483, which has a diameter of just 12 mm, includes an internal thermistor temperature sensor that adjusts for temperature fluctuations between 0 and 50 oC.
- The HI5421 can be automatically calibrated to two points (0 and 100% saturation, or 0.00 and 8.26 mg/L and mg/L, respectively), or to a user-defined value. By using the Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) display option, the calibration data, including date, time, and calibration points, can be seen at any time together with the current measurement.
- A built-in pressure transducer inside the meter adjusts readings for barometric pressure. The barometric pressure is calibrated at a single spot using a manual entry of the most recent data from the local meteorological service or another device. There are several different units available for displaying barometric pressure, including mmHg, mbar, kPa, mHg, psi, and atm. With a preset salinity range of 0 to 45 g/L, the HI5421 also offers automated salinity adaptation.
- Oxygen Uptake Rate (OUR), Specific Oxygen Uptake Rate, and Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) are the additional three measurement modes available with the HI5421 (SOUR). Simply enter the values, take readings when necessary, and the meter will calculate the values for you.
- Automatic, manual, and AutoHold logging are the three possible configurable logging options. A computer can output up to 100,000 data points in 100 lots with a maximum of 50,000 records per lot for data analysis and storage.
Highly Customizable User Interface – The user interface of the HI5421 allows the user to show measurements in various modes: basic measurement with or without GLP information, real-time graphing, and logging data. Calibration stability criteria can be adjusted from fast, moderate, and accurate. Programmable alarm limits can be set to inside or outside allowable limits.
Color Graphic LCD – The HI5421 features a color graphic LCD with on-screen help, graphic, and custom color configurations. The display allows for real-time graphing and the use of virtual keys provide for an intuitive user interface.
Capacitive Touch – The HI5421 features sensitive capacitive touch buttons for accurate keystrokes when navigating menus and screens. There are four dedicated keys that are used for routine operations including calibration and switching measurement modes and four virtual keys that change based upon use. The capacitive touch technology ensures the buttons never get clogged with sample residue.
Built in Barometer – The HI5421 has a built-in pressure transducer to automatic barometric pressure compensation of all dissolved oxygen measurements. The barometric pressure can be calibrated to a single point.
BOD, OUR and Sour Measurement Modes – An additional three measurement modes are available to measure Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD), Oxygen Uptake Rate (OUR) and Specific Oxygen Uptake Rate (SOUR). Simply enter values and take readings at appropriate times and the meter will automatically calculate the values.
Choice of Calibration – Automatic standard recognition is available for two points at 0% and 100% saturation or 0 mg/L and 8.26 mg/L. A user standard option is available for a user defined value.
GLP Data – HI5421 includes a GLP Feature that allows users to view calibration data and calibration expiration information at the touch of a key. Calibration data include date, time, and calibration points.
Data Logging – Three selectable logging modes are available on the HI5421: automatic, manual, and AutoHold logging. Automatic and manual logs up to 100 lots with 50,000 records max/lot, with up to 100,000 total data points. Automatic logging features the option to save data according to sampling period and interval.
Data Transfer – Data can be transferred to a PC with USB cable and HI92000 software (both sold separately).
Contextual Help – Contextual help is always available through a dedicated “HELP” key. Clear tutorial messages and directions are available on-screen to quickly and easily guide users through setup and calibration. The help information displayed is relative to the setting/option being viewed.
|Product Name||Laboratory Research Grade Benchtop Dissolved Oxygen and BOD Meter – HI5421|
|Dissolved Oxygen Range||0.00 to 90.00 ppm (mg/L); 0.0 to 600.0 % saturation|
|Dissolved Oxygen Resolution||0.01 ppm (mg/L); 0.1% saturation|
|Dissolved Oxygen Accuracy||±1.5% of reading ±1 digit|
|Dissolved Oxygen Calibration||automatic using single or two-point calibration; user calibration single point|
|Dissolved Oxygen Temperature Compensation||0.0 to 50.0 °C; 32.0 to 122.0 °F; 237.1 to 323.1 K|
|Salinity Compensation||0.0 to 70.0 % / 0.0 to 45.0 g/L / 0.0 to 42.0 psu|
|DO Probe||HI76483 Polarographic DO Probe with built-in temperature sensor (included)|
|Logging Type||Up to 100 lots; 50,000 records max./lot, maximum 100,000 data points; 5000 samples/lot for Manual Logging|
|Logging Memory||maximum 100,000 data points|
|Logging Interval||14 selectable between 1 second and 180 minutes|
|GLP||Last calibration data, calibration info|
|BOD/OUR/SOUR||Yes (Inside/Outside limits)|
|Display||color graphic LCD with on-screen help, graphing, and custom color configuration|
|Power Supply||12 VDC adapter (included)|
|Environment||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F; 273 to 323 K), RH max 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||160 x 231 x 94 mm (6.3 x 9.1 x 3.7 “)|
|Weight||1.2 Kg (2.6 lbs|
|Ordering Information||HI5421 is supplied with HI76483 DO probe, HI76404W electrode holder, HI7041S electrolyte solution (30 mL), HI76483A DO membrane caps (2), 12 VDC adapter, instrument quality certificate and instruction manual|