Hanna Instruments HI5522 Laboratory Research Grade Benchtop pH/mV/ISE and EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity Meter
The HI5522 is a benchtop, sophisticated research-grade pH/mV/ISE/EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity meter featuring capacitive touch keys, a big color LCD, and a USB connector for connecting to a computer.
The HI5522 is packed with features, such as extensive GLP, alarm limits, data logging, ISE incremental techniques, and many more, while yet being easy to use thanks to dedicated keys for normal operation and virtual keys that lead the user through setup options.
The Hanna Instruments CAL CheckTM feature on the HI5522 maintains accuracy in pH measurements by warning the user of potential issues during calibration, such as if the buffer is contaminated or the probe has to be cleaned.
- Capacitive touch keypad
- Two independent channels
- ISE choice of concentration units and incremental methods
- The HI5522 is a benchtop pH/ORP/ISE, EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity, and advanced research grade meter. It is fully programmable and has a big color LCD, capacitive touch keys, and a USB connector for connecting to a computer.
- A two-channel meter called the HI5522 provides measurements of pH, ORP, or ISE on one channel while also measuring EC, TDS, salinity, or resistivity on the other. For use with the extensive selection of pH, ORP, and ISE electrodes that Hanna Instruments provides, Channel 1 features a BNC connection. The HI1131B glass body, double connection, combination pH electrode, which functions over a broad temperature range of 0 to 100 °C, is included with the meter. With the standalone HI7662-T temperature probe or the conductivity probe on Channel 2’s built-in temperature sensor, all values are automatically corrected for temperature fluctuations. The HI76312 four-ring conductivity probe, which is included with the HI5522, performs over a broad range from 0.000 S/cm to 1000.0 mS/cm*. The meter can be configured to either fixed range, where it will only display readings in S/cm or mS/cm, or auto-ranging, where it will select the right conductivity range from seven ranges. A built-in temperature sensor automatically adjusts all values for temperature fluctuations. The range of the temperature correction coefficient is 0.00 to 10.00%/°C.
- The HI5522’s pH meter may be calibrated up to five points using either five custom buffers or eight pre-programmed buffers. The HI5522 comes with Hanna’s exclusive CAL CheckTM to notify the user of potential issues during pH calibration. During calibration, indicators such as “Electrode Dirty/Broken” and “Buffer Contaminated” are presented. After calibration is finished, a percentage representing the overall probe condition based on the offset and slope characteristics of the electrode is shown.
- The HI5522 can be calibrated up to five times in ISE mode using either five user-defined standards or five fixed standards in any concentration unit. By choosing the Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) display option, the calibration data, including the date, time, standards used, and slope, can be viewed at any moment alongside the current measurement.
- The HI5522 can be calibrated up to four points as an EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity meter with a choice of six pre-programmed conductivity standards or user defined custom standards. Conductivity is used to calibrate resistance, TDS, practical salinity (PSU), and the natural seawater scale. The HI7037 salinity standard is used to calibrate the% NaCl to a single point. By using the Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) display option, it is possible to obtain the calibration data at any moment along with the current measurement, including the date, time, standards used, offset, and cell factor.
- The HI5522 is set up to test high purity water used in the production of pharmaceuticals using the three steps of the USP 645> technique. A report is generated and can be stored once a step is reached. Using a USB cable and software, up to 200 reports can be saved and transferred to a Windows® compatible computer (sold separately).
- Automatic, manual, and AutoHold logging are the three possible configurable logging options. Up to 100,000 data points, with a maximum of 50,000 recordings per lot on each channel, can be recorded and sent to a computer for analysis and storage.
Highly Customizable User Interface – The user interface of the HI5522 allows the user to show measurements in various modes: basic measurement with or without GLP information, real-time graphing, and logging data. Calibration stability criteria can be adjusted from fast, moderate, and accurate. Programmable alarm limits can be set to inside or outside allowable limits.
Color Graphic LCD – The HI5522 features a color graphic LCD with on-screen help, graphic, and custom color configurations. The display allows for real-time graphing and the use of virtual keys provide for an intuitive user interface.
Capacitive Touch – The HI5522 features sensitive capacitive touch buttons for accurate keystrokes when navigating menus and screens. There are four dedicated keys that are used for routine operations including calibration and switching measurement modes and four virtual keys that change based upon use. The capacitive touch technology ensures the buttons never get clogged with sample residue.
Four Ring Conductivity Probe – All readings are performed with the HI76312 four-ring conductivity probe that has a built in temperature sensor for automatic temperature correction. The four rings are made with platinum and the body of the electrode is made of Polyetherimide (PEI) plastic that is resistant to many harsh chemicals. The four-ring design allows for this probe to be used over a wide range of measurements.
Choice of Calibration – Automatic buffer recognition, semiautomatic, and direct manual entry pH calibration options are available for calibrating up to five points, from a selection of eight standard buffers and up to five custom buffers. For the conductivity channel the calibration can be set to automatic standard recognition or user entry along with a choice of single or multi-point. Calibration can be performed up to four points when multi-point is selected.
CAL Check™ – CAL Check™ alerts users to potential problems during the calibration of the pH electrode. Indicators include “Electrode Dirty/Broken,” “Buffer Contaminated,” electrode response timeand the overall probe condition as a percentage that is based on the offset and slope characteristics.
GLP Data – HI5522 includes a GLP Feature thatallows users to view calibration data and calibration expiration information at the touch of a key. Calibration data include date, time, standards used for calibration.
ISE Measurement with Choice of Concentration Units – The HI5522 allows for calibration and readings in choice of concentration units. The choices of concentration units include ppt, g/L, mg/mL, ppm, mg/L, μg/L, ppb, μg/L, mg/mL, M, mol/L, mmol/L, %w/v and a user-defined unit.
ISE Measurement with Incremental Methods – The known addition, known subtraction, analyte addition, and analyte subtraction incremental methods are pre-programmed into the HI5522. Simply follow the on screen guided procedure and the meter will perform the calculation automatically allowing for a higher level of accuracy to be obtained as compared to a direct ISE measurement.
Data Logging – Three selectable logging modes are available on the HI5522: automatic, manual, and AutoHold logging. Automatic and manual logs up to 100 lots with 50,000 records max/lot, with up to 100,000 total data points. Automatic logging features the option to save data according to sampling period and interval.
Data Transfer – Data can be transferred to a PC with USB cable and HI92000 software (both sold separately).
Contextual Help – Contextual help is always available through a dedicated “HELP” key. Clear tutorial messages and directions are available on-screen to quickly and easily guide users through setup and calibration. The help information displayed is relative to the setting/option being viewed.
CAL Check alert to potential problems during calibration
Comprehensive GLP Data
Real time logging
|Product Name||Laboratory Research Grade Benchtop pH/mV/ISE and EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity Meter – HI5522|
|pH Range||-2.0 to 20.0 pH / -2.00 to 20.00 pH / -2.000 to 20.000 pH|
|pH Resolution||0.1 pH / 0.01 pH / 0.001 pH|
|pH Accuracy||±0.1 pH / ±0.01 pH / ±0.002 pH ± 1LSD|
|pH Calibration||Up to five-point calibration, eight standard buffers available (pH 1.68, 3.00, 4.01, 6.86, 7.01,9.18, 10.01, 12.45), and five custom buffers|
|pH Temperature Compensation||automatic or manual from -20.0 to 120.0 °C|
|mV Range||±2000.0 mV|
|mV Resolution||0.1 mV|
|mV Accuracy||±0.2 mV ± 1LSD|
|mV Relative Offset||±2000.0 mV|
|ISE Range||e.g. 10-7 to 10M/ 0.005 to 105 ppm/ 5·10–7 to 5·107 conc|
|ISE Resolution||1 conc./ 0.1 conc. / 0.01 conc. / 0.001 conc|
|ISE Accuracy||±0.5% (monovalent ions); ±1% (divalent ions)|
|ISE Calibration||Up to five-point calibration, seven fixed standard solutions available for each measurement unit, and five custom solutions|
|EC Range||0.000 to 9.999 μS/cm, 10.00 to 99.99 μS/cm, 100.0 to 999.9 μS/cm, 1.000 to 9.999 mS/cm, 10.00 to 99.99 mS/cm, 100.0 to 1000.0 mS/cm actual EC*|
|EC Resolution||0.001 μS/cm, 0.01 μS/cm, 0.1 μS/cm, 1 μS/cm, 0.001 mS/cm, 0.01 mS/cm, 0.1 mS/cm|
|EC Accuracy||±1% of reading (±0.01 μS/cm)|
|EC Calibration||automatic standard recognition (0.000 μS/cm, 84.00 μS/cm, 1.413 mS/cm, 5.000 mS/cm, 12.88 mS/cm, 80.00 mS/cm, 111.8 mS/cm) or user standard; single point or multi-point calibration|
|TDS Range||0.000 to 9.999 ppm, 10.00 to 99.99 ppm, 100.0 to 999.9 ppm, 1.000 to 9.999 ppt, 10.00 to 99.99 ppt, 100.0 to 400.0 ppt actual TDS* (with 1.00 factor)|
|TDS Resolution||0.001 ppm, 0.01 ppm, 0.1 ppm, 1 ppm, 0.001 ppt, 0.01 ppt, 0.1 ppt|
|TDS Accuracy||±1% of reading (±0.01 ppm)|
|EC/TDS Temperature Compensation||Disabled / Linear / Non linear (natural water)|
|Temperature Correction Coefficient||0.00 to 10.00 %/°C|
|Reference Temperature||5.0 °C to 30.0 °C|
|Cell Constant||0.0500 to 200.00|
|Cell Type||4 cells|
|Salinity (% NaCl) Range||0.0 to 400.0%|
|Salinity (% NaCl) Resolution||0.01%|
|Salinity (% NaCl) Accuracy||±1% of reading|
|Salinity (PSU) Range||0.00 to 42.00 psu|
|Salinity (PSU) Resolution||0.01|
|Salinity (PSU) Accuracy||±1% of reading|
|Salinity (PSU) Calibration||one-point (with HI7037 standard)|
|Salinity Range||0.00 to 80.00 ppt|
|Salinity Resolution (ppt)||0.01|
|Salinity Accuracy (ppt)||±1% of reading|
|Resistivity Range||1.0 to 99.9 Ω•cm; 100 to 999 Ω•cm; 1.00 to 9.99 KΩ•cm; 10.0 to 99.9 KΩ•cm; 100 to 999 KΩ•cm; 1.00 to 9.99 MΩ•cm; 10.0 to 100.0 MΩ•cm|
|Resistivity Resolution||0.1 Ω•cm; 1 Ω•cm; 0.01 KΩ•cm; 0.1 KΩ•cm; 1 KΩ•cm; 0.01 MΩ•cm; 0.1 MΩ•cm*|
|Resistivity Accuracy||±2% of reading (±1 Ω•cm)|
|Temperature Range||-20.0 to 120.0 ºC**; -4.0 to 248.0 ºF**; 253.15 to 393.15 K**|
|Temperature Resolution||0.1 °C, 0.1 °F, 0.1 K|
|Temperature Accuracy||±0.2 °C; ±0.4 °F; ±0.2 K (without probe)|
|Input Channels||2 (pH/mV/ISE; Conductivity/Resistivity/TDS/ Salinity)|
|pH Electrode||HI1131B glass body pH electrode with BNC connector and 1 m (3.3’) cable (included)|
|EC/TDS Probe||HI76312 platinum, four-ring EC/TDS probe with and 1 m (3.3’) cable (included)|
|Temperature Probe||HI7662-T stainless steel temperature probe with 1 m (3.3’) cable (included)|
|Logging Type||Automatic, Manual, AutoHold|
|Logging Memory||Up to 100 lots, 50,000 records max/lot; maximum 100,000 data points / channel|
|Logging Interval||14 selectable between 1 second and 180 minutes|
|GLP||yes (GLP Channel 1|
|Calibration Timeout Reminder||yes|
|USP Compliant||USP <645> Application|
|Profiles||Up to 10 (5 for each)|
|Display||Color Graphic LCD 240 x 320 pixels, 8 keys capacitive touch keyboard|
|Power Supply||12 VDC adapter (included)|
|Environment||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F; 273 to 323 K), RH max 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||160 x 231 x 94 mm (6.3 x 9.1 x 3.7”)|
|Weight||1.2 Kg (2.6 lbs)|
|Ordering Information||HI5522 is supplied with HI1131 pH electrode, HI7662-T temperature probe, HI76312 conductivity probe, HI76404W electrode holder, HI70004 pH 4.01 buffer solution sachet, HI70007 pH 7.01 buffer solution sachet, HI700601 electrode cleaning solution sachet (2), HI7082 3.5M KCl electrolyte solution (30 mL), 12 VDC power adapter and instructions.|
|Notes||*Uncompensated conductivity (or TDS) is the conductivity (or TDS) value without temperature compensation.|
Electrical Conductivity (EC)
Hanna Instruments HI5321 Laboratory Research Grade Benchtop EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity Meter
Ion Selective Electrode (ISE)
Hanna Instruments HI5222 Laboratory Research Grade Two Channel Benchtop pH/mV/ISE Meter
Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD)
Hanna Instruments HI5421 Laboratory Research Grade Benchtop Dissolved Oxygen and BOD
Electrical Conductivity (EC)
Hanna Instruments HI5521 Laboratory Research Grade Benchtop pH/mV and EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity Meter