Hanna Instruments HI5222 Laboratory Research Grade Two Channel Benchtop pH/mV/ISE Meter
- Capacitive touch keypad
- Two independent channels
- CAL Check™ Probe Diagnostics
- The HI5222 is a benchtop pH/mV/ISE dual channel advanced research grade metre featuring capacitive touch keys, a big colour LCD, and a USB connector for computer interface.
- The HI5222 has two galvanically isolated BNC connections that can be used with Hanna Instruments’ extensive selection of pH, ISE, and ORP electrodes. The HI1131B glass body, double connection, combination pH electrode, which functions over a wide range of temperature from 0 to 100oC, is included with the metre. With the additional independent HI7662-T temperature probe, all values are automatically corrected for temperature differences.
- The HI5222’s pH metre may be calibrated up to five points using either five custom buffers or eight preprogrammed buffers. Hanna’s exclusive CAL CheckTM is a feature of the HI5222 that warns the operator of potential issues during pH calibration, such as “Electrode Dirty/Broken” and “Buffer Contaminated.” After calibration is finished, a percentage representing the overall probe condition based on the offset and slope characteristics of the electrode is shown.
- The HI5222 can be calibrated as an ISE metre up to five points using either five user-defined standards or one of seven fixed standards in any concentration unit. By choosing the Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) display option, the calibration data, including the date, time, standards used, and slope, can be viewed at any moment alongside the current measurement.
- Automatic, manual, and AutoHold logging are the three possible configurable logging options. For data analysis and storage, up to 100,000 data points per channel can be recorded in 100 lots with a maximum of 50,000 records per lot.
Highly Customizable User Interface – The HI5222’s user interface enables the user to display measurements in a variety of modes, including real-time graphing, basic measurement with or without GLP information, and data logging. Fast, moderate, and accurate are all possible adjustments for the calibration stability requirements. Programmable alarm thresholds can be set inside or outside the permitted bounds.
Color Graphic LCD – A colour graphic LCD with on-screen help, graphics, and personalised colour settings is a feature of the HI5222. Real-time graphing is possible because to the display, and the user interface is simple thanks to the usage of virtual keys.
Capacitive Touch – Sensitive capacitive touch buttons on the HI5222 allow for precise typing when browsing menus and screens. In addition to four virtual keys that alter dependent on use, there are four dedicated keys that are utilised for routine tasks including calibration and changing measurement modes. The capacitive touch technique makes sure that sample residue never accumulates on the buttons.
Two Galvanically Isolated pH/ORP/ISE Channels – Two input channels of the HI5222 can be used to connect pH, ORP, and ISE electrodes. Connectors for BNC probes, reference probes, and temperature sensors are available on each input channel. Since each channel is galvanically isolated, no voltage interference will occur if two measurement probes are present in the same solution at the same time.
Choice of Calibration – With a choice of eight standard buffers and up to five bespoke buffers, there are choices for automated buffer recognition, semiautomatic, and direct manual entry pH calibration for up to five points.
GLP Data – A GLP feature on the HI5222 enables users to quickly view calibration data and calibration expiration information. The date, time, calibration buffers, electrode offset, and slope parameters are all included in the calibration data.
CAL Check™ – Users are warned about potential issues by CAL CheckTM when the pH electrode is being calibrated. As a percentage depending on the offset and slope characteristics, indicators include “Electrode Dirty/Broken,” “Buffer Contaminated,” electrode response time, and overall probe condition.
ISE Measurement with Choice of Concentration Units – The HI5222 offers calibration capabilities as well as readings in a variety of concentration units. You can choose from ppt, g/L, mg/mL, ppm, mg/L, g/mL, ppb, g/L, mg/mL, M, mol/L, mmol/L,%w/v, and a user-defined unit for concentration measurements.
ISE Measurement with Incremental Methods – The HI5222 comes pre-programmed with the incremental known addition, known subtraction, analyte addition, and analyte subtraction procedures. Simply follow the instructions on the screen, and the metre will make the calculation automatically, providing greater accuracy than a direct ISE measurement.
Data Logging – On the HI5222, there are three configurable logging modes: automatic, manual, and AutoHold. 100 lots of automatic and human logs, with a maximum of 50,000 records per lot and 100,000 total data points per channel. The ability to record data in accordance with sampling interval and period is provided via automatic logging.
Data Transfer – Using a USB cable and the HI92000 software, data can be transferred to a PC (both sold separately).
Contextual Help – An exclusive “HELP” key is always available to provide contextual assistance. Users can easily and quickly follow on-screen tutorial messages and instructions to complete setup and calibration. The assistance text is specific to the configuration or option being looked at.
CAL Check Feature
Comprehensive GLP Data
|Product Name||Laboratory Research Grade Two Channel Benchtop pH/mV/ISE Meter – HI5222|
|pH Range||-2.0 to 20.0 pH, -2.00 to 20.00 pH, -2.000 to 20.000 pH|
|pH Resolution||0.1, 0.01, 0.001 pH|
|pH Accuracy||±0.1 pH, ±0.01 pH, ±0.002 pH ±1 LSD|
|pH Calibration||automatic, up to five point calibration, eight standard buffers available (1.68, 3.00, 4.01, 6.86, 7.01, 9.18, 10.01,12.45) and five custom buffers|
|pH Temperature Compensation||automatic or manual from -20.0 to 120.0 °C|
|pH CAL Check (electrode diagnostics)||Yes|
|mV Range||±2000 mV|
|mV Resolution||0.1 mV|
|mV Accuracy||±0.2 mV ±1 LSD|
|mV Relative Offset||±2000 mV|
|ISE Range||1 x 10⁻⁶ to 9.99 x 10¹⁰ concentration|
|ISE Resolution||1; 0.1; 0.01; 0.001 concentration|
|ISE Accuracy||±0.5% (monovalent ions); ±1% (divalent ions)|
|ISE Calibration||automatic, up to five point calibration, seven fixed standard solutions available (0.01, 0.1, 1, 10, 100, 1000, 10000 choice of concentration) and five custom solutions|
|Temperature Range||-20.0 to 120.0 ºC, -4.0 to 248.0 °F, 253.15 to 393.15 K|
|Temperature Resolution||0.1 °C, 0.1 °F, 0.1 K|
|Temperature Accuracy||±0.2 °C, ±0.4 °F, ±0.2 K|
|Input Channels||2 – pH/ORP/ISE|
|pH Electrode||HI1131B glass body pH electrode with BNC connector and 1 m (3.3’) cable (included)|
|Temperature Probe||HI7662-T stainless steel temperature probe with 1 m (3.3’) cable (included)|
|Logging Type||automatic, manual, AutoHold|
|Logging Memory||100,000 data point storage, 100 lots with 50,000 records/lot|
|Logging Interval||settable between 1 second and 180 minutes max log time|
|GLP||calibration data including date, time, buffers used, offset and slope|
|Display||color graphic LCD with on-screen help, graphing, and custom color configuration|
|Power Supply||12 VDC adapter (included)|
|Environment||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F; 273 to 323 K), RH max 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||160 x 231 x 94 mm (6.3 x 9.1 x 3.7”)|
|Weight||1.2 kg (2.64 lbs.)|
|Ordering Information||HI5222 is supplied with HI1131B pH electrode, HI7662-T temperature probe, HI76404W electrode holder, HI70004 pH 4.01 buffer solution sachet, HI70007 pH 7.01 buffer solution sachet, HI700601 electrode cleaning solution sachet (2), HI7082 3.5M KCl electrolyte solution (30 mL), 12 VDC adapter and instructions.|