Hanna Instruments HI5321 Laboratory Research Grade Benchtop EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity Meter
The HI5321 is a benchtop, sophisticated research-grade EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity meter featuring capacitive touch keys, a big color LCD, and a USB connector for connecting to a computer.
The HI5321 is packed with capabilities like 4 point calibration, autoranging, data logging, alarm limits, thorough GLP, and many more, yet it still manages to be simple to use thanks to dedicated keys for everyday operation and virtual keys that lead the user through configuration settings.
- Capacitive touch keypad
- Autoranging over a wide range from 0.000 μS/cm to 1000.0 mS/cm
- Preprogrammed with USP <645> method
- The HI5321 is a benchtop, sophisticated research-grade EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity meter featuring capacitive touch keys, a big color LCD, and a USB connector for connecting to a computer.
- The HI76312 four-ring conductivity probe, which is included with the HI5321, performs over a broad range from 0.000 S/cm to 1000.0 mS/cm*. The meter can be configured to either fixed range, where it will only display readings in S/cm or mS/cm, or auto-ranging, where it will select the right conductivity range from seven ranges. A built-in temperature sensor automatically adjusts all values for temperature fluctuations. The range of the temperature correction coefficient is 0.00 to 10.00%/°C.
- With a choice of six pre-programmed conductivity standards or user-defined custom standards, the HI5321 can be calibrated up to four points. Conductivity is used to calibrate resistance, TDS, practical salinity (PSU), and the natural seawater scale. The HI7037 salinity standard is used to calibrate the % NaCl to a single point. By using the Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) display option, it is possible to obtain the calibration data at any moment along with the current measurement, including the date, time, standards used, offset, and cell factor.
- The HI5321 is set up to measure high purity water used in the production of pharmaceuticals using the first two steps of the USP 645> technique. A report is generated and can be stored once a step is reached. Using a USB cable and software, up to 200 reports can be stored and downloaded to a Windows® compatible computer (sold separately).
- Automatic, manual, and AutoHold logging are the three possible configurable logging options. A computer can output up to 100,000 data points in 100 lots with a maximum of 50,000 records per lot for data analysis and storage.
Highly Customizable User Interface – The user interface of the HI5321 allows the user to show measurements in various modes: basic measurement with or without GLP information, real-time graphing, and logging data. Calibration stability criteria can be adjusted from fast, moderate, and accurate. Programmable alarm limits can be set to inside or outside allowable limits.
Color Graphic LCD – The HI5321 features a color graphic LCD with on-screen help, graphic, and custom color configurations. The display allows for real-time graphing and the use of virtual keys provide for an intuitive user interface.
Capacitive Touch – The HI5321 features sensitive capacitive touch buttons for accurate keystrokes when navigating menus and screens. There are four dedicated keys that are used for routine operations including calibration and switching measurement modes and four virtual keys that change based upon use. The capacitive touch technology ensures the buttons never get clogged with sample residue.
Four Ring Conductivity Probe – All readings are performed with the HI76312 four-ring conductivity probe that has a built in temperature sensor for automatic temperature correction. The four rings are made with platinum and the body of the electrode is made of Polyetherimide (PEI) plastic that is resistant to many harsh chemicals. The four-ring design allows for this probe to be used over a wide range of measurements.
Choice of Calibration – Calibration can be set to automatic standard recognition or user entry along with a choice of single or multi-point. Calibration can be performed up to four points when multi-point is selected.
GLP Data – HI5321 includes a GLP Feature thatallows users to view calibration data and calibration expiration information at the touch of a key. Calibration data include date, time, standards used for calibration.
Data Logging – Three selectable logging modes are available on the HI5321: automatic, manual, and AutoHold logging. Automatic and manual logs up to 100 lots with 50,000 records max/lot, with up to 100,000 total data points. Automatic logging features the option to save data according to sampling period and interval.
Data Transfer – Data can be transferred to a PC with USB cable and HI92000 software (both sold separately).
Contextual Help – Contextual help is always available through a dedicated “HELP” key. Clear tutorial messages and directions are available on-screen to quickly and easily guide users through setup and calibration. The help information displayed is relative to the setting/option being viewed.
|Product Name||Laboratory Research Grade Benchtop EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity Meter – HI5321|
|EC Range||0.000 to 9.999 μS/cm, 10.00 to 99.99 μS/cm, 100.0 to 999.9 μS/cm, 1.000 to 9.999 mS/cm, 10.00 to 99.99 mS/cm, 100.0 to 1000.0 mS/cm actual EC*|
|EC Resolution||0.001 μS/cm, 0.01 μS/cm, 0.1 μS/cm, 0.001 mS/cm, 0.01 mS/cm, 0.1 mS/cm|
|EC Accuracy||±1% of reading (±0.01 μS/cm)|
|EC Calibration||automatic standard recognition (0.000 μS/cm, 84.00 μS/cm, 1.413 mS/cm, 5.000 mS/cm, 12.88 mS/cm, 80.00 mS/cm, 111.8 mS/cm) or user standard; single point or multi-point calibration|
|TDS Range||0.000 to 9.999 ppm, 10.00 to 99.99 ppm, 100.0 to 999.9 ppm, 1.000 to 9.999 ppt, 10.00 to 99.99 ppt, 100.0 to 400.0 ppt actual TDS* (with 1.00 factor)|
|TDS Resolution||0.001 ppm, 0.01 ppm, 0.1 ppm, 0.001 ppt, 0.01 ppt, 0.1 ppt|
|TDS Accuracy||±1% of reading (±0.01 ppm)|
|EC/TDS Temperature Compensation||disabled, linear and non-linear (natural water)|
|Temperature Correction Coefficient||0.00 to 10.00 %/°C|
|Reference Temperature||5.0 to 30.0 °C|
|Cell Constant||0.0500 to 200.00|
|Cell Type||4 cells|
|Salinity (% NaCl) Range||0.0 to 400.0%|
|Salinity (% NaCl) Resolution||0.1%|
|Salinity (% NaCl) Accuracy||±1% of reading|
|Salinity (PSU) Range||0.00 to 42.00 psu|
|Salinity (PSU) Resolution||0.01|
|Salinity (PSU) Accuracy||±1% of reading|
|Salinity (PSU) Calibration||one-point (with HI7037 standard)|
|Salinity Range||0.00 to 80.00 pp|
|Salinity Resolution (ppt)||0.01|
|Salinity Accuracy (ppt)||±1% of reading|
|Resistivity Range||1.0 to 99.9 Ω•cm; 100 to 999 Ω•cm; 1.00 to 9.99 KΩ•cm; 10.0 to 99.9 KΩ•cm; 100 to 999 KΩ•cm; 1.00 to 9.99 MΩ•cm; 10.0 to 100.0 MΩ•cm|
|Resistivity Resolution||0.1 Ω•cm; 1 Ω•cm; 0.01 KΩ•cm; 0.1 KΩ•cm; 1 KΩ•cm; 0.01 MΩ•cm; 0.1 MΩ•cm*|
|Resistivity Accuracy||±2% of reading (±1 Ω•cm)|
|Temperature Range||-20.0 to 120.0 ºC**; -4.0 to 248.0 ºF**; 253.15 to 393.15 K**|
|Temperature Resolution||0.1 °C, 0.1 °F, 0.1 K|
|Temperature Accuracy||±0.2 °C; ±0.4 °F; ±0.2 K (without probe)|
|Input Channels||Conductivity / Resistivity / TDS / Salinity|
|EC/TDS Probe||HI76312 platinum, four-ring EC/TDS probe with and 1 m (3.3’) cable (included)|
|Logging Type||Automatic, Log on demand, AutoHold|
|Logging Memory||Up to 100 lots, 50,000 records max / lot / maximum 100,000 data points|
|Logging Interval||14 selectable between 1 second and 180 minutes|
|GLP||yes (Probe cell constant / offset, reference teperature, compensation coefficient, calibration points, calibration time stamp)|
|Calibration Timeout Reminder||yes|
|USP Compliant||USP <645> Application|
|Profiles||up to 10, 5 each channel|
|Display||Color Graphic LCD 240 x 320 pixels, 8 keys capacitive touch keyboard|
|Power Supply||12 VDC adapter (included)|
|Environment||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F; 273 to 323 K), RH max 95% non-condensing|
|Dimensions||160 x 231 x 94 mm (6.3 x 9.1 x 3.7”)|
|Weight||1.2 kg (2.64 lbs.)|
|Ordering Information||HI5321 is supplied with HI76312 conductivity probe, HI76404W electrode holder, 12 VDC power adapter and instructions|
|Notes||*Uncompensated conductivity (or TDS) is the conductivity (or TDS) value without temperature compensation.|
Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD)
Hanna Instruments HI5421 Laboratory Research Grade Benchtop Dissolved Oxygen and BOD
Electrical Conductivity (EC)
Hanna Instruments HI5522 Laboratory Research Grade Benchtop pH/mV/ISE and EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity Meter
Ion Selective Electrode (ISE)
Hanna Instruments HI5222 Laboratory Research Grade Two Channel Benchtop pH/mV/ISE Meter
Electrical Conductivity (EC)
Hanna Instruments HI5521 Laboratory Research Grade Benchtop pH/mV and EC/TDS/Salinity/Resistivity Meter