Hanna Instrument Total Hardness Chemical Test Kit – HI3812
A chemical test kit called the HI3812 evaluates overall hardness as CaCO3 through titration with EDTA. The HI3812 is delivered fully outfitted with all of the reagents and tools required to conduct roughly 100 tests.
- prepared reagents for simplicity of use
- For traceability, every reagent is marked with an expiration date and a lot number.
- Using a calmagite indicator, execute a manual titration.
A chemical test kit called the HI3812 uses titration to measure two ranges of total hardness concentration: 0.0 to 30.0 mg/L and 0 to 300 mg/L. All the tools and supplies required to complete the analysis are provided for the HI3812. There are enough reagents in the test kit to conduct about 100 tests.
Features in plain sight
- The test kit comes with all necessary supplies, including the sample beaker, plastic pipette, and reagent dropper bottles.
- heightened clarity
- Resolution of 0.3 mg/L is used to determine readings between 0.0 and 30.0 mg/L.
- To a resolution of 3 mg/L, readings from 0 to 300 mg/L are calculated.
- Replacement chemicals on hand
- When reagents run out, a new kit does not need to be purchased. The reagents included with the kit can be swapped out with the HI3812-100.
Relevance of Use
The ability of water to precipitate soap has traditionally been used to describe water hardness. It was eventually discovered that calcium and magnesium were the main ionic species in the water responsible for the precipitation. So, the quantitative measurement of these ions in the water is called water hardness. Additionally, it is now understood that some other ion species, including iron, zinc, and manganese, contribute to the overall hardness of the water. To avoid scaling and clogging in water pipes, water hardness must be measured and subsequently controlled.
|Product Name||Total Hardness Chemical Test Kit – HI3812|
|Hardness, Total Measurement Type||titration|
|Hardness, Total Range||0.0 to 30.0 mg/L CaCO₃; 0 to 300 mg/L CaCO₃|
|Hardness, Total Resolution||0.3 mg/L (0.0 to 30.0 mg/L range); 3 mg/L (0 to 300 mg/L range)|
|Hardness, Total Method||EDTA|
|Hardness, Total Number of Tests||100|
|Weight||460 g (1 lb.)|
|Dimensions||200x120x60 mm (7.9×4.7×2.4″)|
|Ordering Information||HI3812 test kit comes with 30 mL hardness buffer, 10 mL calmagite indicator, 120 mL EDTA solution, 20 mL plastic beaker with cap, 50 mL plastic beaker with cap, and 1 mL syringe with tip.|