Hanna Instruments Ammonia Test Kit for Fresh Water – HI3824
- prepared reagents for simplicity of use
- For traceability, every reagent is marked with an expiration date and a lot number.
- Cube for comparing colours for quick judgment
The HI3824 is a colorimetric chemical test kit that determines the ammonia concentration in freshwater within a 0.0 to 2.5 mg/L (ppm) range as NH3-N. The HI3824 is supplied with all of the necessary reagents and equipment to perform the analysis. The test kit contains enough reagents to perform approximately 25 tests.
- All required materials are included with the test kit, such as the sample beaker, color comparison cube, and reagent dropper bottles.
- Readings from 0.0 to 2.5 mg/L NH3-N are determined to 0.5 mg/L resolution.
nt reagents available
- There is no need to buy a new kit when reagents are exhausted. The HI3824-025 reagent set can be ordered to replace the reagents supplied with the kit. This reagent set comes with 1 (20mL) dropper bottle of Ammonia Reagent 1 for Fresh Water and 1 (20mL) dropper bottle of Nessler Reagent.
Significance of Use
Groundwater normally contains ammonia due to the bacterial decay of plants and animals. However, concentrations of ammonia in rivers and drinking water reservoirs may indicate the presence of agricultural runoff or urban pollution. When the concentration of ammonia is high enough, it can alter the smell and taste of water. In industrial applications, high concentrations of ammonia can cause corrosion in pipes. Ammonia is also monitored in freshwater aquariums and fish farming applications because of its toxicity to fish.
|Product Name||Ammonia Test Kit for Fresh Water – HI3824|
|Ammonia Measurement Type||Colorimetric|
|Ammonia Range||0.0 to 2.5 mg/L|
|Ammonia Resolution||0.5 mg/L|
|Ammonia Number of Tests||25|
|Weight||180 g (6.8 oz.)|
|Dimensions||220x145x55 mm (8.7×5.7×2.1″)|
|Ordering Information||HI3824 test kit comes with 20 mL plastic beaker, color comparison cube, 20 mL ammonia reagent (for fresh water), and 20 mL Nessler reagent.|