Hanna Instruments Free and Total Chlorine Portable Photometer with CAL Check – HI97711
The HI97711 is a high-tech portable photometer for measuring free and total chlorine in the water. This meter features an advanced optical system with a reference detector and narrow band interference filters for extremely fast and repeatable measurements.
- There is no need to warm up before taking a measurement.
- Step-by-step instructions are provided in tutorial mode.
- Uses either powder or liquid reagents to save money.
Because of its disinfection, oxidation, and bleaching properties, chlorine is a widely used chemical. Chlorine is used to disinfect and prevent bacteria growth in swimming pools, drinking water, and food processing. It is used as an oxidizer in metal finishing to convert cyanide in wastewater to cyanate, and in the pulp and paper industry to bleach wood pulp so that paper is white. The HI97711 is intended to detect low concentrations of free and total chlorine in water up to 5.00 mg/L. (ppm).
The HI97711 has an innovative optical system that provides superior performance in terms of accuracy, repeatability, and measurement time. This small, waterproof meter is extremely user-friendly, with a tutorial mode that guides the user graphically, step by step, through the measurement process. The use of a backlit dot matrix LED enables the use of virtual keys, making the meter’s operation very intuitive, including selecting different methods, reviewing GLP data, recalling the last 50 measurements, and customizing the meter to user preferences.
The HI97711 is completely waterproof, including the cuvette holder, which is designed with ridges to prevent the cuvette from scratching the optical path, and a gasket battery compartment that holds three common AA batteries. The compact design is comfortable in the hand for use in the field or on a benchtop. The LCD measures 71 mm (2.75″) by 37 mm (1.6″) and is backlit for easy viewing in any light.
- LED that generates very little heat
- 8 nm narrowband interference filter that is accurate to +/- 1 nm and offers 25% increase in light efficiency.
- Reference detector that modulates the voltage to LED for consistent light output.
- A concave focusing lens that reduces errors from imperfections in the cuvette
Stable Light Source:
- The internal reference system of the HI97711 photometer compensates for any drifts due to power fluctuations or ambient temperature changes. With a stable source of light the readings are fast and stable between your blank (zero) measurement and sample measurement..
High-Efficiency Light Source:
- LED light sources offer superior performance compared to tungsten lamps. LEDs have a much higher luminous efficiency, providing more light while using less power. They also produce little heat, which could otherwise affect electronic stability.
- Improved optical filters ensure greater wavelength accuracy and allow a brighter, stronger signal to be received. The end result is higher measurement stability and less wavelength error.
Greater Light Yield:
A focusing lens collects all of the light that exits the cuvette, eliminating errors from imperfections and scratches that may be present in the glass. The use of the convex lens reduces the need for indexing cuvettes..
CAL Check Functionality:
- Hanna’s exclusive CAL Check feature allows for performance verification and calibration of the meter using NIST traceable standards. Our CAL Check standard vials are developed to simulate a specific absorbance value at each wavelength to verify the accuracy of subsequent readings.
Multiple Measurement Methods:
- Users can select the use of powder reagents supplied in packets or the use of low-cost liquid reagents supplied in a dropper bottle.
Built-in Reaction Timer:
Waiting for the proper reaction time is of key importance when performing colorimetric measurements. The countdown timer displays the time remaining until a measurement will be taken, ensuring consistent results between sample measurements and users.
Large Cuvette Size:
- The sample cell of the HI97711 fits a round, glass cuvette with a 25 mm path length. The relatively long path length of the sample cuvette allows the light to pass through more of the sample solution, ensuring accurate measurements even in low absorbance samples.
Intuitive Dot Matrix Display:
- The HI97711 is designed with a backlit, graphic LCD. With virtual keys, a battery status indicator, and error messages. Users will find the meter interface intuitive and easy to read. A dedicated help key provides information relating to the current meter operation and can be used at any stage in the setup or measurement process to show contextual help.
The meter uses three common AA batteries that allow for about 800 measurements to be taken. The auto-off feature automatically shuts off the meter after 15 minutes of inactivity in order conserve battery life.
|Product Name||Free and Total Chlorine Portable Photometer with CAL Check – HI97711|
|Free Chlorine Range||0.00 to 5.00 mg/L (as Cl2)|
|Free Chlorine Resolution||0.01 mg/L|
|Free Chlorine Accuracy||±0.03 mg/L ±3% of reading|
|Total Chlorine Range||0.00 to 5.00 mg/L (as Cl2)|
|Total Chlorine Resolution||0.01 mg/L|
|Total Chlorine Accuracy||±0.03 mg/L ±3% of reading|
|Chlorine Method||Adaptation of the EPA 330.5 DPD method|
|Photometer/Colorimeter Light Source||Light emitting diode|
|Photometer/Colorimeter Light Detector||silicon photocell with narrow band interference filter @ 525 nm|
|Bandpass Filter Bandwidth||8 nm|
|Bandpass Filter Wavelength Accuracy||±1.0 nm|
|Cuvette Type||round, 24.6 mm diameter (22 mm inside)|
|GLP||date, time of last calibration|
|Display||128 x 64 pixel B/W LCD with backlight|
|Logging Type||automatic logging|
|Logging Memory||50 measurement|
|Battery Type/Life||1.5V AA battery (3 pcs.) / > 800 measurements (without backlight)|
|Automatic Shut-Off||After 15 minutes of inactivity (30 minutes before a READ measurement)|
|Environment||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); relative humidity|
|Weight||380 g (13.4 oz.) with batteries|
|Dimensions||142.5 x 102.5 x 50.5 mm (5.6 x 4.0 x 2.0″)|
|Ordering Information||HI97711 is supplied with cuvettes (2), caps (2), plastic inserts for cuvettes (2), 1.5V AA batteries (3), instruction manual, and instrument quality certificate. /|
|Kit||HI97711C is supplied with CAL-Check standards, cuvettes (2), caps (2), plastic inserts for cuvettes (2), scissors, cuvette cleaning cloth, 1.5V AA batteries (3), instruction manual, and instrument quality certificate.|