Hanna Instruments Ammonia High Range Portable Photometer – HI97733
The HI97733 Ammonia Photometer detects ammonia levels in water samples ranging from 0.0 to 100.0 mg/L. (ppm). The HI97733 photometer is ideal for water quality testing because it combines an advanced optical system for accurate measurements with a user-friendly design.
- There is no need to warm up before taking a measurement.
- Step-by-step instructions are provided in tutorial mode.
- Show results in a variety of chemical forms.
Designed to withstand the knocks, drops, and spills of real life, the new IP67 body ensures top performance in any environment. Internal optics are sealed from outside dust, dirt, and water. In addition, it floats, just in case you drop your meter in water. This photometer uses an exclusive positive‑locking system to ensure that the cuvettes are placed into the holder in the same position for accurate readings every time.
The backlit dot matrix LED and virtual keys make the operation of the meter very intuitive including selecting different units of measure, reviewing GLP data, recalling the last 50 measurements, and customizing the meter to user preferences.
The compact design fits comfortably in the hand for use in the field or as a benchtop. The LCD is 71 mm (2.75″) by 37 mm (1.6″) and is backlit for easy viewing under all conditions.
- LED generates very little heat.
- 8 nm narrowband interference filter that is accurate to +/- 1 nm.
- Reference detector that modulates the voltage to LED for consistent light output.
- A concave focusing lens that reduces errors from imperfections in the cuvette.
Advanced features include CAL-Check to verify performance and if necessary, recalibrate.
Built-in reaction timer that ensures consistency amongst multiple users.
Backlit dot matrix LCD with an intuitive user interface that is easy to read and understand.
Tutorial mode provides step-by-step instructions and animations to guide users for setup, calibration, and testing.
Stable Light Source:
- The internal reference system of the HI97733 photometer compensates for any drifts due to power fluctuations or ambient temperature changes. With a stable source of light the readings are fast and stable between your blank (zero) measurement and sample measurement.
High Efficiency Light Source:
- LED light sources offer superior performance compared to tungsten lamps. LEDs have a much higher luminous efficiency, providing more light while using less power. They also produce little heat, which could otherwise affect electronic stability.
High Quality Filters:
- Improved optical filters ensure greater wavelength accuracy and allow a brighter, stronger signal to be received. The end result is higher measurement stability and less wavelength error.
Greater Light Yield:
- A focusing lens collects all of the light that exits the cuvette, eliminating errors from imperfections and scratches that may be present in the glass. The use of the convex lens reduces the need for indexing cuvettes.
CAL Check Functionality:
- Hanna’s exclusive CAL Check feature allows for performance verification and calibration of the meter using NIST traceable standards. Our CAL Check standard vials are developed to simulate a specific absorbance value at each wavelength to verify the accuracy of subsequent readings.
Large Cuvette Size:
- The sample cell of the HI97733 fits a round, glass cuvette with a 25 mm path length. The relatively long path length of the sample cuvette allows the light to pass through more of the sample solution, ensuring accurate measurements even in low absorbance samples.
Dedicated Help Key:
- A dedicated help key provides information relating to the current meter operation and can be used at any stage in the setup or measurement process to show contextual help.
- The meter uses three common AA batteries that allow for about 800 measurements to be taken. The auto-off feature automatically shuts off the meter after 15 minutes of inactivity in order to conserve battery life.
|Ammonia High Range Portable Photometer – HI97733
|0.0 to 100.0 mg/L (as NH3+)
|±0.5 mg/L ±5% of reading
|Adaptation of ASTM Manual of Water and Environmental Technology, D1426 Nessler Method
|Photometer/Colorimeter Light Source
|LED with 420 nm bandpass filter
|Photometer/Colorimeter Light Detector
|Bandpass Filter Bandwidth
|Bandpass Filter Wavelength Accuracy
|Round 24.6 mm diameter (22 mm inside)
|Yes (date, time of last calibration)
|128 x 64 pixel B/W LCD with backlight
|Automatic logging of last 50 measurement
|1.5V AA battery (3 pcs.), > 800 measurements (without backlight)
|After 15 minutes of inactivity (30 minutes before a READ measurement)
|0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); relative humidity
|380 g (13.4 oz.)
|142.5 x 102.5 x 50.5 mm (5.6 x 4.0 x 2.0”)
|HI97733C is supplied with CAL-Check standards, cuvettes (2), caps (2), plastic inserts for cuvette, (2), scissors, cuvette cleaning cloth, 1.5V AA batteries (3), instruction manual, and instrument quality certificate.