It is envisaged that by the close of the programme, these new managers will be able to:
1. Identify and Describe their new managerial roles and job challenges more clearly including deliverable s (KPls & p[rojects) in support of the company’s business goals.
2. Demonstrate better managerial and leadership behaviors with more strategic thinking while still ensuring operational efficiency & effectiveness of their teams.
3. Handle disagreements, disciplinary and sub performance situations and even conflicts effectively within his team and between himself and team members.
4. Communicate well with all stakeholders (superiors, peers, subordinates and customers, suppliers) and influence them to mutually beneficial outcomes in line with the company’s aspiration
5. Build team camaraderie and empowerment to get things done including the use of emotional and social intelligence.
6. Earn the respect and cooperation of all in his team by own exemplary behavior, words and action with fair play, integrity and due consideration.
7. Coach and help team members to monitor and improve on performance by personal attention or by appropriate delegation. Also coach to develop capabilities.
8. Encourage and motivate others for higher level performance delivery.
9. Be more confident and aware of own capabilities and preferences (bias) and continually seek to improve. Seeking help when needed.
10. Regularly communicate and explain the company’s goals and aspirations to staff and get their feedback to share with superiors