Hanna Instruments Free Chlorine Portable Photometer with CAL Check – HI97701
The HI97733 Ammonia Photometer detects ammonia levels in water samples ranging from 0.0 to 100.0 mg/L. (ppm). The HI97733 photometer is ideal for water quality testing because it combines an advanced optical system for accurate measurements with a user-friendly design.
- There is no need to warm up before taking a measurement.
- Step-by-step instructions are provided in tutorial mode.
- Show results in a variety of chemical forms.
Chlorine is a common chemical used by many due to is disinfection, oxidation, and bleaching properties. In swimming pools, drinking water, and food processing chlorine is used to disinfect and keep bacteria from growing. In metal finishing it is used as an oxidizer to convert cyanide in wastewater to cyanate while in the pulp and paper industry it is used to bleach wood pulp so that paper is white. The HI97701 is designed to measure free chlorine in water up to 5.00 mg/L (ppm).
The HI97701 has an innovative optical system that offers superior performance in accuracy, repeatability, and the short amount of time it takes to perform a measurement. This compact, waterproof meter is extremely user-friendly with a tutorial mode that walks the user graphically, step by step, in performing a measurement. The use of a backlit dot matrix LED allows the use of virtual keys which makes the operation of the meter very intuitive including selecting different methods, reviewing GLP data, recalling the last 50 measurements, and customizing the meter to user preferences.
HI97701 is completely waterproof including the cuvette holder that is designed with ridges to protect the optical path from getting scratched by the cuvette and a gasket battery compartment that holds three common AA batteries. The compact design fits comfortably in the hand for use in the field or on a table for benchtop use. The LCD is 71 mm (2.75″) by 37 mm (1.6″) and is backlit for easy viewing under all conditions.
- LED that generates very little heat
- 8 nm narrowband interference filter that is accurate to +/- 1 nm and offers 25% increase in light efficiency.
- Reference detector that modulates the voltage to LED for consistent light output.
- A concave focusing lens that reduces errors from imperfections in the cuvette
With the use of our CAL Check standards, the performance can be verified and if out od specification the calibration value is updated.
When enabled, the tutorial mode will guide the user step by step through the measurement process .
For chlorine, the pre-programmed calibration curves are updated based on a choice of either powder or liquid reagents.
Stable Light Source:
- The internal reference system of the HI97701 photometer compensates for any drifts due to power fluctuations or ambient temperature changes. With a stable source of light, the readings are fast and stable between your blank (zero) measurement and sample measurement..
High-Efficiency Light Source:
- LED light sources offer superior performance compared to tungsten lamps. LEDs have a much higher luminous efficiency, providing more light while using less power. They also produce little heat, which could otherwise affect electronic stability.
- Improved optical filters ensure greater wavelength accuracy and allow a brighter, stronger signal to be received. The end result is higher measurement stability and less wavelength error.
Greater Light Yield:
- A focusing lens collects all of the light that exits the cuvette, eliminating errors from imperfections and scratches that may be present in the glass. The use of the convex lens reduces the need for indexing cuvettes.
CAL Check Functionality:
- Hanna’s exclusive CAL Check feature allows for performance verification and calibration of the meter using NIST traceable standards. Our CAL Check standard vials are developed to simulate a specific absorbance value at each wavelength to verify the accuracy of subsequent readings.
Multiple Measurement Methods:
- Users can select the use of powder reagents supplied in packets or the use of low-cost liquid reagents supplied in a dropper bottle.
Built-in Reaction Timer:
- Waiting for the proper reaction time is of key importance when performing colorimetric measurements. The countdown timer displays the time remaining until a measurement will be taken, ensuring consistent results between sample measurements and users.
Large Cuvette Size:
- The sample cell of the HI97701 fits a round, glass cuvette with a 25 mm path length. The relatively long path length of the sample cuvette allows the light to pass through more of the sample solution, ensuring accurate measurements even in low absorbance samples.
Intuitive Dot Matrix Display:
- The HI97701 is designed with a backlit, graphic LCD. With virtual keys, a battery status indicator, and error messages. Users will find the meter interface intuitive and easy to read. A dedicated help key provides information relating to the current meter operation and can be used at any stage in the setup or measurement process to show contextual help.
- The meter uses three common AA batteries that allow for about 800 measurements to be taken. The auto-off feature automatically shuts off the meter after 15 minutes of inactivity in order to conserve battery life.
Superior Signal AccuTrak VPX-WR Ultrasonic Leak Detector (w/ Dynamic Noise Discrimination) AccuTrak VPX-WR Ultrasonic Leak Detector (w/ Dynamic Noise Discrimination) Finding Air Leak With AccuTrak VPX-WR Ultrasonic Leak Detector VPX-WR Ultrasonic Leak Detector (w/ Dynamic Noise Discrimination)